Monday, March 26, 2018

February March 2018

.Paak 2 Basics Episode 1: Layin' it .Paak

Tatarsky:  Got targeted with this drumstick promo campaign featuring our boy.  I knew I was a Paak fan, and I knew I believed in smart ad tech, but gahdamn I’m grateful for both.



Dawes - All Your Favorite Bands

The Prig:  This Dawes guy has a bunch of tracks that are easy to enjoy but hard to really care about.  This track, however, has heart and I feel like I can care about it.



Mura Masa - I'll Be Alright

Joe Con:  Go ahead and add this to your babymakin mix.  Has there ever been a bigger leap in character cool factor than Glover's leap from love interest in Girls to Lando Calrissian?



Rhye - Taste

Devo:  Just in time for V day.



Prince - 2007 SB Halftime Show

Adrien Brody:  Prince's 2007 SB halftime show = best halftime show? NFL Films thinks so. (Sidenote: fuck you, Rex Grossman.)

K-pop:  Heard they're trotting out a Prince hologram this year, which sounds exactly like what he would have wanted:  "That's the most demonic thing imaginable. Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing... it really is demonic. And I am not a demon," he said. "Also, what they did with that Beatles song ["Free As a Bird"], manipulating John Lennon's voice to have him singing from across the grave... that'll never happen to me. To prevent that kind of thing from happening is another reason why I want artistic control."




No comments:

Post a Comment